Tactex Asset Management provides wealth management services to clients across Canada.
Tactex manages its clients’ investment portfolios in a manner which is specific to each of their individual needs. The “Autorité des marchés financiers” in Quebec acts as Tactex primary regulator.
Tactex is also registered in every other province and territory, with the following regulators:
• Alberta Securities Commission
• British Columbia Securities Commission
• Manitoba Securities Commission
• New Brunswick’s Financial and Consumer Services Commission
• Newfoundland and Labrador’s Office of the Superintendent of Securities Service
• Nova Scotia Securities Commission
• Ontario Securities Commission
• Prince Edward Island’s Office of the Superintendent of Securities
• Saskatchewan’s Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority
• Northwest Territories Securities Office
• Nunavut Securities Office
• Yukon Territories’ Office of the Superintendent of Securities
Our portfolio managers are qualified professionals with accreditations that meet the highest academic and industry experience standards. Unlike brokers, who collect commissions by selling products or executing trades, Tactex charges an annual management fee (in certain instances such fees can be tax deductible) which are not dependent on the level of activity in your accounts, thereby aligning our interests.
Our experience in the securities industry spans over 50 years and has allowed our managers to gain a wealth of experience growing portfolios and protecting assets over time. Each client portfolio strategy is unique and based on a client’s individual needs.
Tactex provides its clients with discretionary portfolio management services, which means it makes the investment decisions for the financial assets held in your account. Tactex does not have custody of client-owned cash or securities. All client assets are held with, and custodied by a Canadian registered broker dealer such as Fidelity Clearing Canada, Interactive Brokers Canada or CI Investment Services. The choice of custodian is made by the client and represents an important decision as it will influence the amount of fees charged by such custodian, as well as, in certain situations, the level of protection of your assets. It should therefore be discussed with your Tactex advising representative. All Canadian broker dealers holding client assets are members of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).